The Student News Site of New Plymouth High School

Hurricane Harvey Drive

November 7, 2017

After many days of forming as a tropical cyclone in the Atlantic sea, Hurricane Harvey intensified to a category 3 and 4 hurricane wreaking havoc and devastation to the middle and upper parts of Texas on August 24th and 25th. Rockport and Fulton areas took hard hits from the hurricane’s eyewall, buildings and roofs and walls were ripped apart from the 130 mile an hour winds blowing and storm surges washing through. Many other coastal towns suffered structural damage as well.

New Plymouth High School adopted two schools in Texas to support. Many schools have been flooded and ripped apart, leaving many children without a school to be educated, and sometimes school is the only thing some children have. To replace school rooms, they will be getting trailor homes to set classes up in. The teachers and students will also need new supplies in order to continues their education and get back into a regular routine to keep their mind off the devastation. New Plymouth students have been asked to gather and donate either money or school supplies so they can help out anyway they can. With help from New Plymouth and many other schools or businesses, the Hurricane Harvey victims are given a chance to re-build and live again.    

Photo Credit: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/08/31/hurricane-harvey-cars/619785001/