The Student News Site of New Plymouth High School

Friday The Thirteenth

October 30, 2017

Senior night for the football players and cross country runners of New Plymouth High School was a success, even though scheduled on a date commonly known as deathly: Friday the 13th. The unfortunate downpour at the New Plymouth football field, coincidence much, didn’t make winning any easier on the athletes, but they pulled through winning 22-14.

While the football players worked hard on the field, the yearbook staff and Junior class parents worked hard selling food to raise money for their own causes. Junior class parents raised money for next year’s All Night Senior Party. Yearbook members’ efforts to raise money by selling sloppy joes for a trip to San Francisco, California were not well worth it. The money made by the yearbook class was very minimal.

The football seniors, Jacob Travis, Teagan Gross, Deveon Rodriguez, Austin Robinson, Dallin Beus, William Gergen, Tanner Butler, Garrett Powell, and Dylan Hendry won the hard fought battle 22-14 against Cole Valley. Leading them to districts against Melba.

The seniors in cross country, Logan Austin, Derek Odgers, Lauren Allmaras, and Elvis Solis,  headed to districts Wednesday the 18th on the Red Hawk Golf Course in Nampa.