Erin Murrillo

Behind the Hoco

October 24, 2017

The preparation done by the Student Council under Mrs. Madrid-Harris during homecoming week is majorly underappreciated.

Perhaps the Pilgrim Nation doesn’t realize what Student Council and  Madrid-Harris do for the students of New Plymouth High school; like spending hours with student council in meetings, shopping, plus setting everything up for homecoming. Mrs. Madrid-Harris doesn’t get a lot of sleep and is always crazy the week of homecoming. However, she truly does think it is worth it because it’s all for the kids and she loves making their homecoming week one to remember.

Mrs. Madrid-Harris isn’t alone when it comes to getting everything ready. The entire student council helps out to make homecoming amazing. Madrid-Harris and student council are the only ones contributing to the madness of our homecoming week. Mrs. Madrid-Harris may be the helpful advisor, but the student council pulls a lot of the weight.

This 2017 year, Mrs. Madrid-Harris loves the Student Council that the students elected. She thinks that this year’s council was the best they have had through all the years and if she could have the same outstanding help next year, she would love it.

Homecoming would never happen without Mrs. Madrid-Harris and Student Council doing all they can to make it an amazing week for the New Plymouth High School students.