Fighting Tooth and Nail

September 29, 2017

Homecoming 2017 marked another year of tremendous participation from NPHS students as their school spirit and battle cries reverberated and filled the gym.

The juniors and seniors went at each other tooth and nail. Throughout the entire assembly the juniors challenged the seniors with chants of their own like “senior cheaters,” “we can’t hear you,” and chanting names of those competing. The seniors fought back with “It’s all over,” “check the scoreboard,” and starting spirit and class cheers.

Activities started a bit rocky when every class failed at the duct tape challenge. Due to the tape not being able to support any of the students, each class began the afternoon tied with no points going to any class.

Sophomores stepped up their game and won the football toss with Kara, Denise, Coby Roberts and Coby Williams. Freshman finished first in the lifesaver relay with Jonah Lewis, followed closely by Ernesto Navarrete for the juniors. Then, the juniors annihilated the Freshman in the scavenger hunt. However, the seniors dominated in games like sock wars, marshmallow shooter, and the air band competition.

While the competition, especially between the junior and senior classes, was peppy and savage, in the end the seniors came out on top. As always, in the end all classes rallied with the fight song to unify the Pilgrim Nation spirit.