Food, Festivities, and Fun

September 28, 2017

The New Plymouth High school Homecoming week kicked off with Monday, full of pajamas, food, and fun. In a competition against the classes, Seniors ended up in first place, with the Sophomores close behind and the Juniors and Freshmen holding up the back.

The competitions were fast-paced and food-filled. First up was the pie eating contest. The Junior representative, Dale Frates, ate quickly ending up in first place with the Sophomore competitor right behind him. The Freshmen were third, and the poor Senior hurled his pie back up, earning fourth, and last place.

Second, was the sickening hot sauce chug, the hot sauce was a spicy choice of habanero pepper. The Senior class was represented with Cyerra Olvera, the only girl in the competition, who won by a wide margin. The Sophomores were next to finish. The Juniors got third, and finally, the Freshmen came in last without finishing their bottle.

The next competition was the Soda chug. Again the Seniors won by a mile. The Sophomores were disqualified for spilling their soda, and the J

uniors came in second. The Freshman came in third.

Next up was the skittle dive, with the Sophomore, Nathaniel Nesbitt taking the lead. In Oreo Face, the Seniors dominated, with Elvis Solis as one of their representatives. In the second to last challenge, Ice Cream Eating, the Sophomores took the lead yet again with Tyler Reed as the eater, and last years champion, Nathaniel Nesbitt as his coach.

Finally, was the highly anticipated arm wrestling competition. In the girls competition, the Sophomores surprisingly beat everyone, including the seniors. Aubree Aldrich was the sophomore representative who got involuntarily thrown into the competition where she beat Helen King, the Senior representative. In the boys competition the Senior Austin Robinson was the clear winner. He easily pinned everyone else’s arms in a matter of seconds.

In overall scores, the classes tried their hardest and fought for victory. In the end there could only be one winner. The Seniors fought the hardest and came out in first place, with sophomores and then Juniors close behind.The Freshman came out in last place,but they still tried their hardest.