The Student News Site of New Plymouth High School

Second Saturday Supper at Six has Potential

September 19, 2017

The National Honors Society and Yearbook Staff banded together to raise money for their respective organizations on September 9th at the New Plymouth High School.  The National Honors Society and Yearbook Staff banded together to raise money for their respective organizations on September 9th at the New Plymouth High School.

In order to make 2nd Saturday as successful as possible, all items were donated: sloppy joe meat, buns, sides, water, and desserts. Students served about fifty community members. “Not a bad start for the first time around. Hopefully, 2nd saturday suppers will catch on and more of our community will come out,” stated Ms. Murillo, Yearbook advisor.

The money earned from this benefit is going towards different things for both organizations. The yearbook staff will be using the funds for the JEA national conference trip in San Francisco this coming April, while the National Honor Society is using their funds to pay dues.

The next 2nd Saturday Supper will be be October 14th at six in the NPHS multi-purpose room so come join us.