Pilgrim Press

Valley Events

Christmas draws ever closer and most of us already feel the holiday cheer spreading. If you don’t, why not head down to Indian Creek Plaza in Caldwell for some ice skating! Ice ribbon and rink opens daily from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. every day until the 21st! Go ice skating with friends or family! Ice skating is sure to bring you some holiday cheer as you bundle up in some nice warm clothes and go out on the ice. And hey, afterwards you can always go for some hot cocoa!
If you’re looking for something that’s more relaxed and a little closer to New Plymouth then the Four Rivers Cultural Center has you covered! Right now they’re featuring local artist Matt Millican’s paintings. According to their event calendar “Local resident Matt Millican starting painting relatively recently and is quite prolific. Finding painting as an outlet to relieve stress and look at life in new ways has been a true opportunity for Matt. He is a father of three and has been married for 15 years. A native of Oregon City, Oregon, he moved to Ontario in February 2015, originally taking a job in mental health at the Snake River Correctional Institution after graduating with his Masters in Counseling Psychology from Pacific University in 2014. He now works treating domestic violence as a mental health counselor working out of Ada and Canyon Counties, Idaho. Having worked in forensics and criminal behavior since starting school in 2007, and being far from the scenery of the Pacific Northwest, he began painting as a way to counter the stressful and challenging world of helping broken families heal, and as a way to create the scenery from his native home.” Four Rivers hosts his art up until January 22. For more information you can go to this site.
There’s still more Christmas fun to go around, though this is geared more for children. The Armoral Tuttle Library hosts story time on the 18th from 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. For more information you can go here!